Ontplates.com is quite strict about offering plates that will be acceptable to register with MTO. We have developed a reputation of reliability and we receive many referrals because of it. Buy from Ontplates.com with confidence, under the following terms:
- Free shipping for plates is defined as a bubble envelope via Canada Post Expedited Small Business (2-3 business days with tracking) sent to addresses within Ontario, Canada. This is a cost-effective and reliable method of shipment. YOMtabs purchased without plates are subject to a small shipping surcharge.
- Holds: Plates will be put on hold for buyers for 24 hours, pending payment (longer if sending a cheque or money order). Payment must be made in full before any plates will be shipped.
- Guarantee: My guarantee of MTO acceptance is limited to 6 months after date of purchase. This guarantee, and its expiry date, is provided in writing with each set of plates. Ontplates.com will not be held responsible if a client buys a set of plates, does nothing with them for a long time, and then finds the number is no longer available. Ontplates.com is not a large corporation; it is a small supplier operated by a sole proprietor. Refunds cannot be offered out of goodwill to people whose guarantees have expired. In fact, Ontplates.com prefers not to sell plates to clients who don’t intend to act within the guarantee period, or do not yet own a vehicle.
- MTO Rejection: If you buy a set of plates from Ontplates.com and the MTO rejects them before your guarantee expiry date, you must provide us with the rejection slip. In more than one instance, the MTO made an error and Ontplates.com has intervened to have the plates permitted. If the rejection stands, and there are no alternate plates to your liking, Ontplates.com will refund your price paid plus a maximum of $10 to cover postage costs on your end. If we have alternate plates available, we will offer a substitution. If the price of a rejected pair is more than that of the alternate pair, we will reimburse overpayment to the buyer. If the price of a rejected pair is less than that of the desired alternate pair, the buyer will pay the extra value accordingly.
- Customer Satisfaction With Product: If you receive a set of plates from Ontplates.com, and you’re not happy with any aspect of them, let us know. You can return them for a full refund within 21 days (3 weeks) of receiving them, as long as you haven’t altered them. The buyer is responsible for return shipping via a trackable method, and the plates need to be received by Ontplates.com no later than the 21-day mark.
- Changing Your Mind: If you buy a set of plates, and do not submit them to the MTO, and wish to return them for a refund within the six-month guarantee period, but after the 21-day initial period, Ontplates.com will refund 80% of your purchase price if the plates are received by us in the same condition as sold. It is the buyer’s responsibility to pay for secure and safe shipping when making such returns.
- Expected Life of Restored Plates: Ontplates warrants the workmanship of restored plates for two years from the date of sale (i.e. they should not rust and the paint should not peel). For longest life, plates should not be exposed to the elements (direct sun, rain, snow or salt) on an ongoing basis, and plates should be kept indoors and dry when the vehicle is not being driven or shown. Do not neglect them.
- Expected Life of Refinished or Original Plates: Plates in original condition or refinished (new paint applied over original paint) are covered by the workmanship guarantee above for a period of one year from the date of sale. Keeping them indoors and dry when the vehicle is not driven is essential. These plates, if exposed to moisture, will rust. If exposed to direct sunlight, they may fade. Do not neglect them.
- Customer Modification of Plates: Ontplates.com will not be responsible for poor performance of your plates if you repaint them or clear-coat them. Clear coating plates is never recommended, as it fails early and creates pockets for moisture to sit against the plate, causing rapid rust. We do not clear-cloat our plates for this reason. By clear-coating any plate we sell, you are voiding any and all warranties described above. Do not clear-coat your plates.
- Expired Guarantees: Ontplates.com reserves the right to refuse any return requests, or other requests, made beyond the six-month guarantee time period.
- Contact List Additions: If you ask or agree to be put on my contact list, I will only use your e-mail address to contact you personally the next time I have a set of plates from your requested year. If you ask to be removed from this list at any time, I will comply at once. My preferred mode of contact is by e-mail, but I will contact people by phone if requested.
- Contact List Follow-up: If I have numerous people on my waiting list for a particular year, I often e-mail all addresses simultaneously. The first person to reply with explicit intent to purchase will be the person for whom the plates are reserved.
- Contact List Deletions: If I contact you as per clauses #1 and/or #2 above, and you do not reply, you will be removed from the contact list. You must reply to maintain your address on the list.
- Contact List Maintenance: If you wish to renew your request for a particularly tough YOM year by contacting me periodically, it will help me to remember your name and prevent your info from going stale, should your e-mail change.
- Contact List Security: My contact list will not be shared with any other entity.
- Forwarding Your E-mail: If I don’t have your year in stock, but I know who does, I will reply to you with a CC to the person who can help (these people are trustworthy personal friends of mine who are also plate geeks and just like to help people).
- Your Plate Number: I keep an Excel sheet record of which plates were bought by which person for no other purpose than my own diligent record-keeping. This information will not be shared with any other entity.
- Your Mailing Address: When customers pay for purchases by cheque or money order, I promptly destroy all used envelopes and correspondence with a cross-cut shredder, in order to maintain your privacy.